[ale] 'Rocks' was: RHEL-6.1 system with 4 CPU sockets and 1TB of memory

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Sat Jan 14 23:11:38 EST 2012

You need to contact the Meteorite Association of Georgia as they have or
can get access to the slicer you need. Ginny would help but the gear at GSU
is broken (again) and they dept doesn't have the funds now to
repair/replace it. She would love to do it herself if the gear were working.

On Wed, Jan 11, 2012 at 1:23 PM, William Bagwell <rb211 at tds.net> wrote:

> Does she collect meteorwrongs too? I'm talking Shirokovsky / Mendota /
> Plateau Putorano class 'wrongs' here, not ordinary slag or hematite
> concreations.
>
> Just happen to have one that I truly believe will be in the big leagues if
> I can find a cheap way to get it sliced.
> --
> William
>
> On Wednesday 11 January 2012, Jim Kinney wrote:
> > she doesn't WANT diamonds!
> >
> > and yes, meteorites are often as expensive as diamonds! She saw the one
> > come down in Georgia about 20 years ago and found a 0.5g sliver for
> > $125.
> >
> > The ones she REALLY wants are the Mars and Moon origin meteorites.
> > Although I'm sure a bit of asteroid or comet gravel would also make her
> > happy.
> >
> > She's looking at pulling strings to get access to the prior studied
> > Apollo-missions moon rocks for grad student geologists to use.
> >
> > Some people have only a glass case to show off their family china. We
> > have one that shows off rocks :-D

James P. Kinney III

- *2011 Noam Chomsky

http://heretothereideas.blogspot.com/