[ale] {OT} -- For the programmer on the list

Michael Potter michael at potter.name
Thu Jan 12 16:59:59 EST 2012

On Thu, Jan 12, 2012 at 2:28 PM, Jay Lozier <jslozier at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 01/12/2012 01:29 PM, Jim Kinney wrote:
>
> +1
>
> Java is both a place and a beverage. It's not a language worthy of
> continuity. </snark>
>

> <snark>And it is one the major security problems in the Windows world. IMHO
> it is about halfway between a scripting language and an industrial strength
> language with all the worst features of both and none of the advantages of
> either </snark>

Jay,

Could you elaborate on what major security problems are introduced to
Windows because of the presence of Java/JVM?

I use the JVM on windows and am interested in what security problems
exist in Java/JVM versions in current use on Windows.
I am not interested in the history of resolved problems.

This is a sincere request for information, not bait for a debate.

--
Michael Potter
Replatform Technologies, LLC
michael at potter.name