[ale] Perl script to check process

Tim Watts tim at cliftonfarm.org
Mon Jan 9 11:50:28 EST 2012

Does it have to be Perl?  It's simple enough to do in bash:

#!/bin/bash
while ((1)); do
	if (ps -fe | grep -v "grep" | grep -P "\Wxboard\W??" >/dev/null); then
		{your-start-invocation-here}
	fi
	sleep 30
done

Would need to refine that 2nd grep if you get more than one hit.

Alternatively, create a pid file when you invoke xboard and grep for
that pid.