[ale] Time to stir the pot

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Fri Jan 6 15:34:24 EST 2012

the hole is in the GPLv2 and closed in the GPLv3.

Read the wikipedia article on the formation of agpl license.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Affero_General_Public_License . It not a GNU
license in that it originated outside of GNU but the critical section was
used as a basis for the hole closing in GPLv3.
Of course when GNU tinketed they also called theirs agpl. Grr.
On Thu, Jan 5, 2012 at 10:19 PM, Michael Trausch <mike at trausch.us> wrote:

> On 01/05/2012 08:51 AM, Jim Kinney wrote:
> > The hole that lets the actual code stay in house while serving data that
> > uses that code to non-in-house users, I.e. google.
>
> That's the AGPL, not the GPL v3.
>
>        --- Mike
>
> --
> A man who reasons deliberately, manages it better after studying Logic
> than he could before, if he is sincere about it and has common sense.
>                                   --- Carveth Read, “Logic”

James P. Kinney III

- *2011 Noam Chomsky

http://heretothereideas.blogspot.com/