[ale] Time to stir the pot

Michael Trausch mike at trausch.us
Thu Jan 5 08:18:40 EST 2012

On 01/05/2012 07:41 AM, Jim Kinney wrote:
> Yes but internal use is parallel to personal use which is paramount to
> gnu gpl philosophy.  V3 closes the hole that google exploits along with
> other service providors. It's a Good Thing.

Which hole is that?

The only thing that I can think of is the AGPL, which requires that if
you provide service over the network you must also convey source code.
That's fine, but like all of the other GPL licenses, it is a
double-edged sword.  The AGPL can be really awesome or really awful,
depending on your point of view...

	--- Mike

                                   --- Carveth Read, “Logic”