[ale] And we're back! - Further OT - Rum wars

Mike Harrison cluon at geeklabs.com
Wed Jan 4 20:38:27 EST 2012

On Wed, 4 Jan 2012, Scott Bragg wrote:

> You call that rum?  Appleton's is acceptable for day-to-day drinking,
> though I prefer Cruzan Single Barrel over Appleton's.   For a really good

I keep travelling to Guyana, S.America, ($work has Linux servers there:
almost on topic) which I have to admit has some pretty awesome rum:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/El_Dorado_Rum

I'm not an expert..  and lack experience, but it's the best rum I've ever
tasted. The cheap stuff is good, the 15 and 25 year is awesome.

To be almost on topic: It's a tough place to keep ANY servers running,
even Linux servers. Maybe it's because everyone is drinking the rum...
Power, HVAC, bandwidth and connectivity issues are rampant. Linux works a
whole lot better that the cluster of MS-systems and Oracle nearby..
Much more resilient.