[ale] Speaking of RM -RF SLASH...

arxaaron arxaaron at gmail.com
Sat Feb 11 21:31:52 EST 2012

Thanks for the reminder on that nifty script. I'll pass it on to G
for practicing safe removal in the future.

Tonight's prognosis was that he hosed everything in /home
so trying to start a Unity session would just loop into a reboot
from the user login & password screen.  When pressed he
couldn't think of anything irreplaceable that he had saved,
so we agreed he should just to a flat re-install.

He was experimenting with encrypting his user dir when he messed up:
<https://help.ubuntu.com/community/EncryptedPrivateDirectory#How_to_Remove_an_Encrypted_Private_Directory_Setup

I think he learned THE lesson.

While moving his machine around we discovered that his
CPU fan wasn't properly locked down, so at least we were
able to fix THAT.

peace
aaron