[ale] OT: Merchant PCI compliance scans

Stephen Haywood stephen at averagesecurityguy.info
Fri Feb 10 14:27:41 EST 2012

Do you just need external scans or do you need help with a full PCI audit?
My employer, Sword & Shield Enterprise Security, has a few very good QSAs
and we work with Qualys, so we can setup a contract to do external scanning
if that is all you need. Let me know if you want me to put you in contact
with our Director of Compliance.

On Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 12:35 PM, William Bagwell <rb211 at tds.net> wrote:

> Can anyone recommend an inexpensive approved vendor?
>
> Rumor has it that just the required quarterly scans start as low $150 per
> year. 147 approved vendors to chose from and the few I have looked at so
> far seem to hide the actual price deep into the sign-up process. And
> naturally they want to sell a bunch of services which are not required...
> --
> William

Stephen Haywood
Information Security Consultant