[ale] how do I run, and control, X11 server on android tablet?

Ed Cashin ecashin at noserose.net
Sat Dec 29 20:41:13 EST 2012

Go, being created at Google, has *really* nice HTTP server features in its
standard set of packages.

You could consider running a web server in Go on your laptop and a browser
on your tablet.  The browser would be the GUI.  You could use Go's HTTP
server and HTML templating features for dynamic web server stuff.
"Effective Go" ends with an example like that.

You can draw on jQuery and such to create an elaborate GUI if needed,
because I don't immediately know of a way to run client-side Go on the
tablet, while running Javascript in the browser remains a normal and easy
way to get responsive GUIs up and running quickly.

  Ed Cashin <ecashin at noserose.net>
  http://noserose.net/e/
  http://www.coraid.com/