[ale] how do I run, and control, X11 server on android tablet?

Ron Frazier (ALE) atllinuxenthinfo at techstarship.com
Sat Dec 29 17:06:39 EST 2012

Hi Sam,

Thanks for that.  I got SO close.  Using the X Server app from the Google Play store by Darkside Technologies, I am able to get firefox to display on the tablet when I launch it from the pc.  However, while I can move the mouse by touching the screen, I cannot get any mouse clicks or keyboard input to affect the firefox program in any way from the tablet.  Not sure why.

Sincerely,

Ron

Sam Rakowski <devnull at iamdevnull.info> wrote:

>You would use export DISPLAY=192.168.50.5:0 in a terminal before
>executing whatever is your program with a gui. You can then run export
>DISPLAY=:0 to return it to normal. (Program windows going to your
>Ubuntu display)

Please excuse my potential brevity.

(To whom it may concern.  My email address has changed.  Replying to former
address.  Please send all personal correspondence to the new address.)

Ron Frazier
770-205-9422 (O)   Leave a message.
linuxdude AT techstarship.com