[ale] Holy cow! Published in Slashdot!!

Michael B. Trausch mbt at naunetcorp.com
Thu Dec 27 09:52:27 EST 2012

On 12/27/2012 09:18 AM, Charles Shapiro wrote:
> A lifelong ambition is fulfilled... I make Slashdot's front page (
> http://yro.slashdot.org/story/12/12/26/1459248/lax-ssh-key-management-a-big-problem
> ) !!
>
> charlesTheLurker is me... I reckon it's time to update the ol' resume.

Awesome!  :-)

Some of the comments on that article from people that claim to be in the
field are a bit disturbing, though...

Brings up an interesting point.  Moving away from passwords to cached
private keys is something that most people _do_ see as lesser security,
despite the fact that when properly managed it provides far better
security.  I wonder how it is we're supposed to combat that problem.
Education doesn't work; a lot of people's eyes glaze over if you try to
explain to them how it provides superior security.

	--- Mike