[ale] Installing Arch Linux on USB drive

Narahari 'n' Savitha savithari at gmail.com
Tue Dec 25 14:50:15 EST 2012

Friends:

Merry Christmas to all.  For those who had a good meal and browsing thru
ALE mailing list, sorry to disturb you.

I need help.

I am trying to install Arch Linux on a USB drive from a Live USB stick.
 The install moves fine and I follow the standard Arch install but pointing
to the USB drive as the target.

However, once the install is complete and I halt the machine and then I
unplug the Live USB stick, then start the box I receive the
/dev/by-disk/...... error.

I have the syslinux boot loader and I have not tried grub.  Any help is
appreciated.

Regards,
-Narahari