[ale] Lubuntu 12.04 Unable to login encrypted drive with wireless keyboard

Jonathan Meek jonathan.l.meek at gmail.com
Wed Dec 19 08:21:33 EST 2012

It turns out that I wasn't waiting long enough for the USB keyboard drivers
to load. After about a minute or two the drivers will load and I can log
into the box. Thank goodness there's a recovery mode that prints out what's
going on in your system. Another awesome thing about linux: there's always
a verbose mode somewhere.

So I was able to get into my system this morning and got the backup done as
well as get my gpg key uploaded to the keyserver so Jeremy can finish the
keysigning. Sorry to everyone who participated in the keysigning party last
Thursday and has been waiting for so long, I am quite certain that was my
fault. Next time, we all go out for dinner after an ALE meeting, I owe
Jeremy a beer. Old habit I started when I was working IT support when I
screwed something up or delayed something because I didn't have my stuff in
order and inflicted pain/suffering on a fellow co-worker.

Planning to get a wired keyboard and mouse this weekend. Thanks to everyone
who provided answers and support. Figured it was best to let you all know
the issue has been resolved

Jonathan