[ale] iPhone 4s

Jerald Sheets questy at gmail.com
Tue Dec 18 11:23:33 EST 2012

Depends on the use.  For instance, my handy-dandy 4 worked all the way through to the 5.  I had the 32G, but I've already got a fair sized investment into iTunes goodies.  If he/she doesn't have that in place already, my experience is they don't really fill it up.

having said that....

I have a HUGE collection of music in DRM-free MP3 @ 192k.  It fills up my phone rather fast, but then again I have 10000+ tracks.  So, if iTunes match is going to be used and the user can push all their stuff up into match and run around with very little actually on the device, then 16G should be fine.  Just note that if you're in little to no coverage, unless you downloaded music to your device beforehand, you're SOL on listening to music.

My technique:  Most everything in match except for a single playlist which is a mixture of all my favorites... I keep that physically on my device at all times.  That way, I've ALWAYS got tunes, even when on a plane.

having said that...

On our website, there's only a 16G available new, and that's at 99 bucks.  If you buy from someone else, I can only suggest, but try and find someone who bought AppleCare for their device and can transfer it to you.  There's nothing like being able to walk into the store and get your device replaced because you have Applecare.

In ATL, if you use a store, use Perimeter.  I know that Ashford-Dunwoody area is crazy-busy this time of year, but they're one of the best teams I've ever worked with (and they trained my son, so I'm a bit biased too)

So, as with anything, it depends on the audience and on the usage.

--Jerald
/back on lurk mode