[ale] Fedora 17 and RPMFusion repos issue?

Lightner, Jeff JLightner at water.com
Thu Dec 13 11:59:12 EST 2012

I don’t know if Fedora does “location aware” like RHEL does but we’ve seen problems with that when we have a DMZ RHEL host.   We have to go to RedHat’s site and tell it NOT to use location aware for the system so it knows to use only the specific hostname at RedHat we’ve opened in the firewall outbound from such DMZ hosts.  The location aware stuff tries to decide where you are and picks the closest server (and perhaps least busy) to decide what to connect to.

If you’re seeing issues inside corporate networks maybe they’re blocking connections to some of the mirrors being tried and you can limit which ones similarly?