[ale] Btrfs anyone?

Beddingfield, Allen allen at ua.edu
Tue Dec 11 17:38:50 EST 2012

Anyone else using Btrfs yet?  Being a SUSE user and the primary Linux admin in a big SLES shop, I have been playing around with it a good bit.  So far so good, but nothing that has  pulled me away from XFS, yet.
SUSE was really pushing this filesystem when I was at SUSECon in September (it shipped with SLES 11 SP2 earlier this year).
They have repeatedly made it clear that EXT4 is not welcome/won't be supported and that XFS and Btrfs are their future direction.  I don't think any other distros have jumped out there quite as boldy with Btrfs that I am aware of.

http://www.linux.com/news/enterprise/systems-management/677226-suse-linux-says-btrfs-is-ready-to-rock

https://www.suse.com/releasenotes/x86_64/SUSE-SLES/11-SP2

Allen Beddingfield
Systems Engineer