[ale] Ring, ring, it's your computer calling. Your process has completed.

Michael B. Trausch mbt at naunetcorp.com
Mon Dec 10 09:35:45 EST 2012

On 12/10/2012 09:15 AM, Richard Bronosky wrote:
> Let's say you put curl command in a script named "callme". You can then go:
> rsync /path server:/path || callme

I do something like this to send me text messages when long-running
tasks are done.

I would love to have something that gets sent to my phone system, which
in turn calls my cell phone to actually tell me that it is done doing
something... don't get me wrong, the phone-call-as-notification idea is
cool, too, but it'd be nice to be able to have your call say something,
even if it were limited to digits or prerecorded snippets.  "Job 1212 is
done," for example.

	--- Mike