[ale] [Slightly OT] Parts source for consumer electricals.

David Ritchie deritchie at gmail.com
Wed Dec 5 17:41:38 EST 2012

On Mon, Dec 3, 2012 at 10:01 AM, Neal Rhodes <neal at mnopltd.com> wrote:

> **
> Hamilton Beach toaster oven now burns my cookies to a crisp.
>
> It is obvious that the thermostat, (<http://www.cd-thermostat.com/product/cd504.htm>
> http://www.cd-thermostat.com/product/cd504.htm)  has burnt up contacts
> and is unrepairable.
>
> This is a $0.50 part which can be replaced in 60 seconds.   Push on
> connectors, no soldering, bada bing, bada bang.  And of course Hamilton
> Beach will not sell this part.

1. There are no .50 appliance parts, with the possible exception of wire
nuts. Fox doesn't carry this, at least in the online catalog.
2. Write them via their web page and see if they have a US distributor. Or
ask them for a sample for product evaluation. Send them an email and tell
them that you are looking for someplace to buy a repair part. They may just
send you one.
3. Did you look here:
http://www.hamiltonbeach.com/parts-search.html#form_search_results ?

Just a thought..