[ale] [Slightly OT] Parts source for consumer electricals.

Neal Rhodes neal at mnopltd.com
Tue Dec 4 10:29:20 EST 2012

But really, I just want my cookies.   Doing the Don Quixote thing
doesn't make for cookies.   Although, going on Amazon and every retail
site and posting a bad review might be worthwhile.   Is there a Bot that
automatically posts reviews to massive numbers of retailers?   That
would be the geek's revenge.   And it saves on postage.     And even
with the bum thermostat, the thing toasts bagels.    It just burns
cookies.  (have I mentioned I like making cookies?)

And otherwise, the insides of this one is readily fixable if you could
just get parts.    Real wire with push on connectors everywhere.   Built
for parts to be readily replaced.

The Brand X unit my kids have had is all steel rods tack-welded to
heater elements.   Try getting that apart.

Granted, I am of the generation that remembers Dad taking out all the
tubes from the TV and going to the pharmacy to test them all, then
buying the faulty tube (at the pharmacy, mind you.  Bend your young
twitter heads around that one...) and taking then all back and putting
them all back in and having a working TV afterwards.