[ale] Recommendations for mail server w/ LDAP?

mike at trausch.us mike at trausch.us
Sat Dec 1 18:39:48 EST 2012

It'd appear that the Dovecot people are wholly uninterested in
supporting their software.

Here's the situation:  I have an LDAP server (which, incidentally, works
just fine; ldapsearch will return results 100% of the time in less than
0.20 seconds).  I want to migrate the mail system to use it and the
Kerberos system deployed alongside it.  Dovecot, well, refuses to talk
to it with the same parameters given to ldapsearch.

Any recommendations for an IMAP server that:

 (a) doesn't require the use of Maildir or mbox (user mailboxes on
     this system average about 20 GB and several hundred thousand
     messages may be stored in a single IMAP folder)?
 (b) works with LDAP?
 (c) is well-supported by its upstream?

	--- Mike

                                   --- Carveth Read, “Logic”