[ale] help not using 3g/4g broadband quota android

JD jdp at algoloma.com
Wed Aug 29 11:09:38 EDT 2012

On 08/27/2012 10:18 AM, Michael Campbell wrote:
>>> The single most important reason to get root is for backups. Without
>>> root, you
>>> can't backup the device, which makes you vulnerable to crackers.
>
> I'm a little lost on how an unrooted device would be any more
> vulnerable to cracking than a rooted one.

The theory is that if you've rooted the device, then apps can use that same back
door to do even more harm or to access data not usually available. Every android
app runs in a different userid - with root, an app can access data across other
apps.

Some built-in security features don't work well on rooted devices too, though
Android 4.1+ has taken some steps to close some of those holes.