[ale] OT: Light Management

Michael Campbell michael.campbell at gmail.com
Sun Aug 19 20:39:26 EDT 2012

On Fri, Aug 17, 2012 at 1:47 PM, Jeff Hubbs <jhubbslist at att.net> wrote:
> On 8/17/12 12:28 PM, Jay Lozier wrote:
>>
>> Lighting affects people differently. Fluorescent lights can induce
>> migraines in some, especially when the bulb is going bad. Also, the
>> color temperature of fluorescents gives yellowish-green light that some
>> find very irritating

For me it's the damn flicker.  I can "see" 60hz, at least
peripherally, and (to quote "Joe vs the Volcano"), they give me a
brain-cloud.  I am lucky in that I have either worked from home where
I can control it, or have been in an office friendly to me unscrewing
the bulbs above me for the last few years, so I have incandescent
where I am able.

I use f.lux on my windows machines to gradually red-shift my monitor
color at night which helps me a lot, too.  (And redshift on linux.)