[ale] Edubuntu Local Apps and Hard Drives : was Need Help sending PCs to Haiti

Sergio Chaves sergio.chaves at gmail.com
Wed Aug 8 10:23:50 EDT 2012

I got Edubuntu 12.04 up-and-running.
Clients login fine.
Problems are the usual ones - Firefox, Flash, etc.
Using Local Apps to help.
*My* problem is that all client PCs are diskless. Does anyone have 06 old
HDs (PCs are 486s); size does not matter in this case  :-)  - 20 Gig?
Also, does anyone know if there are any changes for setting up Local Apps
in 12.04 LTS?
The most recent page I could find googling was this page -
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LTSPLocalAppSetup
Is it still valid?

BTW, I am in McDonough/Hampton area.

Thanks for any help on this. I must have everything ready by 09/02 and she,
"the one that must be obeyed" is starting to comment on too much time in
front of the computers when at home :-)

*Sergio Chaves*

Systems Administrator

*GENCO ATC*