[ale] Running a hands off remote Linux installation

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Thu Aug 2 15:52:59 EDT 2012

On Thu, Aug 2, 2012 at 3:06 PM, Jim Lynch <ale_nospam at fayettedigital.com> wrote:
> On 08/02/2012 09:55 AM, Jim Kinney wrote:
>> sorry for the long URL. The card is ~ $100 and can reset system if
>> apache is not running.
> Neat card.  A requirement if you are running MS OSs, not so much if
> Linux.  ;)

It looks like it can monitor an apache server on the same machine and
trigger a system reboot if it fails the test. The pins are to
intercept the power/reset button connections. I'm unclear if it also
has external power connection or not.

Of course that's all moot with a power supply I had a few years back.
If the power went off, it required the power switch on the back of the
power supply be toggled off then back on before it would work again.
Sadly I found that out after deploying about 20 of the things in
remote locations.