[ale] provider for static IP + VPN? [was: comcast business + mail server = static ip?]

mike at trausch.us mike at trausch.us
Wed Aug 1 19:06:06 EDT 2012

On 08/01/2012 04:06 PM, Robert wrote:
> Hmm.. I don't need full hosting.. Anyone have recommendations for a VPN
> provider that's less than $15 month? I found a few, but they're all more than
> $15.

It is really just best to get the static IP.

I can probably help out if you decide not to do so, but I would be
offering nothing in the way of guarantees, and of course, I go down
every time my area does.  That isn't terribly often, but it does happen.
 Usually due to some moron who doesn't know how to drive, though the
time before that it was because someone stole all of the cable company's
amplifiers in the local area.  Not fun.

That said, you can get super-inexpensive services that give you a VPS,
as well.  Check out ipxcore.com (never used them, so can't vouch for
them).  But they have a system that is allegedly $1.79 a month, 128 MB
RAM, 5 GB storage, and 50 GB bandwidth.

	--- Mike

                                   --- Carveth Read, “Logic”