[ale] pay rates vs. experience

Matthew simontek at gmail.com
Fri Apr 27 10:05:41 EDT 2012

Well here's the thing, a lot of places this day in age don't care that
I have used linux since the 90's. They want to see I have papers.
Since getting a degree isn't likely at this point, getting the certs
are easier to do. Why did I get my linux+, LPIC 1, cla? Cause it was
required for me to do IA for uncle sam. But since the rhce has come
out, I have always wanted it, so figure to get it while I work at a
company that will cover my certs. I figure work for the USMC for 2
years, and I should be able to work anywhere.

On 4/27/12, Mike Harrison <cluon at geeklabs.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 27 Apr 2012, Jim Kinney wrote:
>
>> I unsubscribed him.
>
> The problem is "Lead" (a person whom sets a path or example)
> and "Lead" (symbol Pb, atomic number 82) are often confused.
>
> Which is what happens to many credentials and titles. A RHCE or other
> credentialed person might be a dolt, whom passed the test (however hard)
> but have (techical and/or personal) issues that make them a rolling train
> wreck.
>
> Credentials should be evaluated as part of the overall person.
> Sometimes, very clueful people survive the educational and certification
> process.
>

> --Mike--
>
> Favorite title:  Arrogant Geek Bastard.

Sent from my mobile device