[ale] pay rates vs. experience

Lightner, Jeff JLightner at water.com
Fri Apr 27 08:57:11 EDT 2012

Experience still trumps certifications but certifications are definitely a plus.  I see more and more Linux jobs listings requesting certifications.   I suspect a lot of this is due to some crossover to Linux from Windows where many Admins are certified so it is seen as more of a requirement so places that are really Windows shops going into Linux will see it as more important.