[ale] Cable modem recommendation

Ron Frazier (ALE) atllinuxenthinfo at techstarship.com
Fri Apr 20 13:17:45 EDT 2012

Aren't most voip calls encrypted by default?  I thought that's why MS
had to patent a way to get into the middle of it.

Ron

On 4/20/2012 9:35 AM, Chesser.Damon wrote:

> Well, and let’s be clear here, if you are using VOIP you ARE being
> monitored. Or at least you could be. Just like your emails can be read
> by every switch it passes through. If you don’t use encryption
> (ignoring conspiracies) your transmission can be intercepted and
> re-assembled and the voice packets can be plainly heard. Just the
> nature of VOIP and SIP.
>
> Damon at damtek.com

(To whom it may concern.  My email address has changed.  Replying to former
address.  Please send all personal correspondence to the new address.)

Ron Frazier

770-205-9422 (O)   Leave a message.
linuxdude AT techstarship.com