[ale] Local source for 12V 3A "Wall Wart" AC Adapter?

Ted W ted at techmachine.net
Thu Apr 19 12:51:17 EDT 2012

On Apr 19, 2012, at 12:37 PM, Derek Atkins wrote:
> Hi Alers,
>
> I'm in the need for a replacement AC Adpater to replace a failing supply
> for a piece of equipment.  In particular I'm looking for an adapter that
> will output 12V up to 3A.  Is there a local supply for one, before I go
> off to mail-order one?  I'm in Sandy Springs, so something to the north
> would be best for me.
>
> Note that it doesn't need to be a wall wart per-se, it can be a plug-in
> brick style.
>
> Thanks,
>
> -derek

In the past I've had luck finding replacements at Radio Shack. With the decline of the business, however, I feel they may be less helpful now than in the past. A cursory search of Fry's Electronics shows that they have several generic "AC adapters" available. They seem to be a bit scarce on details about the rated outputs for some of them, however. It might be worth giving them a call to see if someone can find one that would work for you. I've had numerous good experiences with their sales reps when looking for obscure electronics components. They're very /willing/ to help if nothing else.

--
Ted W. < Ted at Techmachine.net >
Registered GNU/Linux user #413569