[ale] RH cert training recommendations?

Lightner, Jeff JLightner at water.com
Mon Apr 9 11:27:37 EDT 2012

Yes – I’ve taken a couple of classes there.   The instructors are basically contractors that must be certified by RedHat both to train and to administer the tests and don’t just work for GCA.   I found them to be fairly knowledgeable.   (Having said that it has been more than a year since the last time I was there.)

RedHat makes you sign an NDA about the tests so I can’t go into detail.   You should be aware though that it does make you actually do things rather than simply answer multiple choice or true/false questions.   Many folks fail the RHCE on first attempt.  I even saw some classmates fail the RHSA when I first took it because they couldn’t do a simple task at the start of the test.   You definitely want to look at what they say you need to know on the training site and study for the tests.    RH doesn’t require you to take the class to take the test but I’d recommend it.  If you think you know most of what you need to know already then taking the fast track class that crams RHSA and RHCE instruction into one week would be the way to go.