[ale] [OT] expect script question

JD jdp at algoloma.com
Fri Apr 6 09:39:04 EDT 2012

On 04/06/2012 08:53 AM, Shawn wrote:
> Cpan install module

Mixing cpan and system perl modules is a bad idea.  A really, really, really bad
idea.

The best way that I know to keep system perl separate from custom perl is to use
PerlBrew.  Install http://perlbrew.pl/ following these directions, not using CPAN.

OTOH, if you just need a few perl modules, look for them inside your distro's
package repos and use those instead. This will limit undesirable interactions
and incompatibilities between 2+ yr old modules from a distro and CPAN modules
updated last month.