[ale] OT Looking for a location for a conference

David Ritchie deritchie at gmail.com
Sun Sep 25 23:09:54 EDT 2011

On Sun, Sep 25, 2011 at 4:44 AM, Jim Lynch
<ale_nospam at fayettedigital.com> wrote:
> I know that some of the folks on this list have help with conferences in
> the Atlanta area before.  I'm helping with getting next year's Digital
> Communications Conference (DCC) organized and wondered if anyone has any
> suggestions for hotels/conference centers in Atlanta?  Attendance is
> about 100+ people typically.  We need one room for registration/demos, a
> large room for the main presentations and another smaller room for
> alternate presentations.  Food service, of course, and wifi is a must.
> Room cost in the <$100 preferred too.

You might want to contact these people:
Atlanta Convention & Visitors Bureau www.atlanta.net

You didn't express a preference as to location. Hotels are
ridiculously expensive, and the higher end the hotel,
the more likely they are to charge usurious rates for things like
food, screens, projectors, and power cords and Wi-Fi.
They also tend to jack you up for everything they touch...

another suggestion: maps.google.com and search for "conference
facilities near <foo>".

Having traveled about a bit, I personally like Choice Hotels - free
Wi-Fi, free breakfast, <$100/night at the better locations, and
they do have some locations that have meeting rooms up to 4000 sq ft
(per their website, 5 different locations in Atlanta).

Just some thoughts....

-- Dave Ritchie