[ale] My Fn Keys stopped working

David Tomaschik david at systemoverlord.com
Sun Sep 25 22:46:00 EDT 2011

On 09/25/2011 10:07 PM, Joshua Roberts wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> My Fn keys are not working correctly anymore.
>
> I am running mint 11 64-bit.
>
> I came home one day and my Cat had been laying on my keyboard and I
> had dozens if not hundreds of print screen dialogues on my screen.
> Since then they Fn keys have not worked.
>
> Google has little info that is easy to find and the IRC rooms are
> silent when I ask.
>
> Does anyone have any thoughts?
>
> Joshua

My thoughts just lead to questions:

1) Laptop or desktop?
2) If laptop, by Fn keys, do you mean the special functions of the
laptop (print screen, play/pause, etc.), or F1-F12 type keys?
3) Have you tried under a LiveCD?  This helps me sometimes determine if
an issue is hardware or software.

--
David Tomaschik, RHCE, LPIC-1
System Administrator/Open Source Advocate
david at systemoverlord.com