[ale] RAID 10 Question

Rich Faulkner rfaulkner at 34thprs.org
Fri Sep 23 15:13:09 EDT 2011

...unless you use WD VelociRaptors (which I do) and those are 10K
drives...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822136557

Yes, they are a bit pricey compared to 7.2K but they are fast.  Size vs.
price becomes the issue though and you may just want to go with some
simple 7.2K SATA drives.