[ale] Who's pounding on my NFS server?

John Heim john at johnheim.net
Thu Sep 22 13:55:33 EDT 2011

How can I tell which machines are pounding my NFS server?

There's a bug in gvfs that causes it to do bocu writes on NFS mounted home
directories. This is what's been causing the slowness problem I've been
asking about on this list for the past couple of weeks. So I now know its
caused by the bug in gvfs but I don't have a good way to tell which machine
is currently doing all the NFS writes.

Well, I should add that I'm blind and if I run netstat or ngrep, I have a
hard time with the output. I'm looking for something like top or iotop only
for nfs.