[ale] PostgreSQL DBA Guides

Jim Lynch ale_nospam at fayettedigital.com
Thu Sep 22 10:59:19 EDT 2011

On 09/20/2011 11:45 AM, Jim Lynch wrote:
> Like David, I have only used PostgreSQL when some other package required
> it and configured it.  So I decided I'd take it for a test drive.  I'm
> fond of PhpMySql so I installed the equivalent for PostgreSQL.  It just
> doesn't work on Ubuntu 10.04.  I'm thinking PostgreSQL and associated
> programs aren't quite mature enough to use.  I'll stick to MySql for
> now, thanks.
>
> Jim.

OK, I'll admit that wasn't quite fair.  I do have a couple of systems
that I can't run GUIs on so I have to use a web based tool.  They are
located too far away to make an ssh tunnel practical.   Latency is baaaad.

I did run the GUI locally and it is quite nice.  I'll probably get
around to testing PostgreSQL on my next project, if it stays local.

Thanks for pointing out the error in my ways.  ;)

Jim.

Jim.