[ale] postgresql report generator?

Lightner, Jeff JLightner at water.com
Wed Sep 21 13:24:17 EDT 2011

Not necessarily.   One might want to generate custom reports (or be required to do it) because the application doesn't do that.

A commercial solution I've seen for years for reporting is Crystal Reports.   Years ago I had to use it with an application written on top of Informix on SCO UNIX.

This Wikipedia link says that Crystal Reports is still around and Postgresql is one of the data source it can use.   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crystal_Reports

Haven't used it myself in many years and never with Postgresql.

On doing a quick Google search for open source products like Crystal Reports for Postgresql I saw several hits including this one:
http://www.postgresql.org/about/news.314

Haven't used it either.