[ale] creating very powerful relatively short memorable passwords

George Allen glallen01 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 15 21:14:40 EDT 2011

On Thu, Sep 15, 2011 at 5:38 PM, Richard Bronosky
<richardbronosky at gmail.com> wrote:> You are wasting your time using
caps if you are only going to use them to> capitalize words. You are
only going to make your password a few seconds> more secure.
Most simple method I've come up with was to copy from:
   dd if=/dev/urandom count=1 2> /dev/null|  tr -dc
"[:alnum:][:punct:]" | cut -c-20
into a gpg file behind a passphrase of ~30 chars of jabberwocky-like gibberish.

The weakest part would be a keylogger or an attack against the buffer
for copy/paste, but then I'd be in trouble anyway.