[ale] [OT] vinyl records

arxaaron arxaaron at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 21:55:27 EDT 2011

([OT] added to subject)

On 2011/09/14, at 21:13 , David Hillman wrote:

> I just picked up a nice pair of JBL Northridge speakers, NAD 2200
> Power
> Envelope amplifier and a matching preamp at a yard sale for next to
> nothing.  A hefty Technics direct drive turntable that looks like it
> was
> built to survive anything was part of the deal.  I got a new cartridge
> for the turntable at Guitar Center.
>
> Where does one find good vinyl records in the Atlanta area?  I always
> wanted to hear Jean Michel Jarre's Oxygene on vinyl.  Are there any
> other good electronic albums that might still be available out there?

There are still a few record shops moving vinyl.  For one, there's
Wuxtry records right around the corner from my house at North Decatur
and Clairmont.

Wax 'n Facts is still in business on Moreland in little 5 points.

Criminal Records is the L5P neighborhood as well but will be closing
doors very soon according to some recent articles:
<http://www.spinner.com/2011/09/08/record-store-day-co-founder-closing-record-store/

I've got the vinyl of the Oxygen, btw. :-)

> By the way, are the lights supposed to flicker after turning on the
> amp?

Only if you have signal going through and the LED seems to be tracking
the amplitude.  I have had a couple of amps that indicated power output
that way.

peace
aaron