[ale] [OT] Wide Screen monitors / using screen real estate

Scott Castaline skotchman at gmail.com
Fri Sep 9 23:13:24 EDT 2011

On 09/09/2011 08:03 PM, Ron Frazier wrote:
> Hi Scott,
>
> Thanks for the links.  That weather site is cool.  However, I don't
> think they have any stand alone sizable and movable radar app.  I've
> heard of conky before.  I don't think it can do a standalone sizable and
> movable window either.  If I come across anything relevant, I'll post it.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Ron
You create config files for each widget that spells out the xy
positioning on the desktop as well as the min/max width. These config
files are just plain text files and fairly easy to read once you get
used to the different commands and options. I can send you a couple of
files of mine if you want to play with them and see what you come up with.