[ale] [ADMIN] Partner opportunity for an Employment Listing Service

Michael Trausch mike at trausch.us
Tue Sep 6 11:49:11 EDT 2011

On 09/06/2011 02:45 AM, Aaron Ruscetta wrote:
> The only sticking point is handling the revenue,
> since ALE does not have a formal infrastructure
> for accepting donations.  We could simply decline
> any revenue sharing money we might be entitled
> to, but then it occurred to me that we should just
> have the money donated directly to worthy 501c3
> organization supporting the global FLOSS
> community, and the Electronic Frontiers Foundation
> came immediately to mind.

I would be fine with either ALE setting up an infrastructure (I'm
*quite* sure that ALE can use it to fund things while still donating
substantially to organizations like the EFF) or donations to a single
entity such as the EFF, the Software Freedom Conservancy, Software in
the Public Interest, or similar.

Since group consensus seems to be to donate to the EFF, I'll give my
"+0" to that idea.  (By "+0" I mean, I think there are other places that
could also benefit as everyone seems to think of the EFF first, but I do
not disagree with the consensus to donate to the EFF.)

	--- Mike

                                   --- Carveth Read, “Logic”