[ale] Ubuntu 10.10 on HP Netbooks

David Tomaschik david at systemoverlord.com
Tue Sep 6 11:17:36 EDT 2011

Most likely it's Broadcom b43-series hardware.  If so:

1) They're pretty mediocre chips to begin with.
2) Finding newer firmware with b43-fwcutter may help.
3) Might also be the antenna connector has popped loose.  (I have seen
this before, particularly on machines that are cheaply built.)

David

--
David Tomaschik, RHCE, LPIC-1
System Administrator/Open Source Advocate
david at systemoverlord.com