[ale] RHEL 5 will not allow login from Console

John Temple cjtemple at gmail.com
Fri Sep 2 20:38:40 EDT 2011

Bob and Mike,

Today was a pretty rough day. (Putting out other fires, since this is a webserver that is only used a by a few people it wasn't very high on the priority list. One person even said they wouldn't cry if it never came back.)

To answer a few questions we are able to some what get into the system with a boot CD and linux rescue. From there I had only a moment to poke around but I was concentrating on trying to locate a file for someone else.
Yes the system is running in VMWare and SSH is dead we can only get in from the console of VMWare.

Tuesday I might have a chance to look around some more. Also my coworker was going to see if he could pull over a year old backup of the vdi.

Well touch back later when I have more details.

Thanks