[ale] Security breach on kernel.org

Watson, Keith krwatson at cc.gatech.edu
Thu Sep 1 08:10:55 EDT 2011

Security breach on kernel.org
https://www.kernel.org/

Earlier this month, a number of servers in the kernel.org infrastructure were compromised. We discovered this August 28th. While we currently believe that the source code repositories were unaffected, we are in the process of verifying this and taking steps to enhance security across the kernel.org infrastructure.

There is more information on their home page.

keith

--

Keith R. Watson                        Georgia Institute of Technology
IT Support professional Lead           College of Computing