[ale] [slight OT] Electronics Recycling - Saturday, 10/29 at Decatur High

Michael H. Warfield mhw at WittsEnd.com
Fri Oct 28 18:13:13 EDT 2011

On Fri, 2011-10-28 at 18:01 -0400, arxaaron wrote:
> 9:00am to 1:00pm , Saturday, 2011.10.29
>
> They usually set up in the parking lot on West Howard Ave. (aka Dekalb
> Avenue)
> at the south side of the school.
>
> Details here:
> <https://thedecaturminute.wordpress.com/2011/10/26/electronic-recycling-this-saturday/
>  >

> Note that they have started charging $10 (cash, exact change) to recycle
> CRT TV's, but they don't say anything about CRT computer monitors.

> If they actually don't charge for recycling CRT computer monitors, you
> might try to convince them that all TV's are computer monitors on the
> grounds that Amigas always included a standard video out. :-)

If you don't mind spending a little money at Best Buy, they will take
TV's and CRT monitors and charge you $10 but give you a $10 gift card so
it's net free, if they've got something you want anyways.  Last time I
was in the one on Scenic Hwy, they did have a limit of 3 per trip due to
limited storage space but the cards don't expire, either.  I think I
blew my last several cards on various smartphone accessories where they
weren't any worse than anyone else.

> peace
> aaron

Regards,