[ale] expansion drive

zeb n4zm at mindspring.com
Mon Oct 24 15:59:39 EDT 2011

There's the rub.  As the drive presently stands, it can't be formatted
with Slack  12.2 or any of the flavors of Windows that I have (98se, XP,
7).  The drive is not recognized by the operating systems.

I ran "ntfsfix" on the drive.  It reported "volume is corrupt. You
should run chkdsk."  Don't see how I can run chkdsk if the drive is not
recognized by Windows.

Appreciate the reply.  Thanks.  Any other thoughts?

Is a low-level format appropriate?  How would I do it?

Regards....Zeb