[ale] Linux alternative recommendation ?

wes smith james007wjs at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 15:55:47 EDT 2011

> Message: 1
> Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2011 15:20:10 -0400
> From: Courtney Thomas <courtneycthomas at bellsouth.net>
> Subject: Re: [ale] Linux alternative recommendation ?
> To: Atlanta Linux Enthusiasts <ale at ale.org>
>
> Rich,
>
> If airport scanners can fry USB drives, then I'm out on that choice.
>
> What the heck is an LPS (DoD-SPI) ?
>
> Thanks,
> C.Thomas
>
> LPS is the Air Force answer to anon distro.
http://www.spi.dod.mil/lipose.htm

Tails on the other hand does a much better job as a anon livecd distro.
Even includes tor/i2p.  Runs completely from memory or has the option to use
the local hard disk.  Erases memory on shutdown, has support for luks and
truecrypt support can be added.
https://tails.boum.org/index.en.html