[ale] ga tech mirror?

chip chip.gwyn at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 14:48:53 EDT 2011

In ubuntu, debian, and a few other distro's there was a tool to test
speeds from several mirrors and then let you choose what you thought
to be the fastest, based on ping times and download speeds.  It was
quite useful.  If there's not one for your distro of choice should be
pretty easy to code up.

--chip

On Mon, Oct 24, 2011 at 2:39 PM, Jim Kinney <jim.kinney at gmail.com> wrote:
> Ouch. Fun times at GaTech!
>
> On Oct 24, 2011 10:29 AM, "Watson, Keith" <krwatson at cc.gatech.edu> wrote:
>>
>> This was sent out at 16:10 10/18/2011 to a GT computer support staff
>> mailing list. There has not been an update since then.
>>
>> ============= Begin Forward =============
>>
>> For those of you that use (or have users that use) GTlib (aka
>> {www,ftp,rsync}.gtlib.gatech.edu), it's down and running a filesystem check.
>>  It has eaten itself pretty throughly, and will likely be down for a while
>> while I reconstruct the bits.
>>
>> For those of you depending on this for critical services, don't.  ever.
>>  GTlib is not a production service.

>> keith
>>
>> --
>>
>> Keith R. Watson                        Georgia Institute of Technology
>> IT Support professional Lead           College of Computing
>> keith.watson at cc.gatech.edu             801 Atlantic Drive NW
>> (404) 385-7401                         Atlanta, GA 30332-0280

Just my $.02, your mileage may vary,  batteries not included, etc....