[ale] Linux alternative recommendation ?

Courtney Thomas courtneycthomas at bellsouth.net
Mon Oct 24 03:40:35 EDT 2011

Ron,

Thank you for all the important concerns unconsidered by me at this
point, but it sounds like... I might be better advised to use live CD
distros with a portable HD (rather than zip drives) for reliability and
space.

If true, what am I giving up if going that route ?  Speed ?

Gratefully,

Courtney

--
"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the
right to rise up, and shake off the existing  government, and form a new