[ale] I've decided again to learn programming again

JD jdp at algoloma.com
Sat Oct 22 13:47:06 EDT 2011

On 10/22/2011 09:43 AM, Ron Frazier wrote:
> I'm not quite following you there.  If you're using Git, why do you need
> Google Docs?

Git means sharing code after a few commands by each person each time.
* add, commit, push
to see the changes, the other person does
* pull

This assumes a shared centralized git repository and using the same
"branch". I suppose you could both pull from each others repositories.
Where I work, we have a shared git server that allows ssh connections to
developers. We prefer to not use 3rd party services.
http://progit.org/book/ is also useful.

Google Docs means seeing someone else's changes in near real-time. I
understand that Etherpad does this too if you don't want a 3rd party
server in the middle.

> Thanks for all the help.

We're all learning here. ;)